Creating descriptive categories and filenames for the documents on your website can
not only help you keep your site better organized, but it could also lead to better crawling of your documents by search engines.
Improving site structure involves,
- Improving the structure of the URLs
- Making the site easier to navigate.
- Create Sitemaps (Both HTML and XML).
- Simple-to-understand URLs will convey content information easily.
- URLs are displayed in search results.
- The navigation of a website is important in helping visitors quickly find the content they want.
- Visitors may visit Sitemap if they are having problems finding pages on your site.
- Search engines will also visit the Sitemap for better crawl coverage of a web site.